Why foster caring is so important
The Ten Lives Cat Centre’s foster care program is an essential part of our work looking after our kitties.
- You don’t have to foster all the time – you let us know what suits you. Fostering even for a short time – a week or two – helps with our vital work of caring for our kitties.
- Foster carers volunteer to care for kitties in their own home until they are ready for adoption, at which point they are returned to the Ten Lives Cat Centre.
- Foster carers do an incredible job helping our kitties become confident and playful, or in some cases providing the love and care they need to get back to health.
- You are never alone as we provide complete support and information. We also provide all veterinarian services.
- It is a great way to spend time with cats for people who aren’t able to make the long term commitment that adoption requires.
- Our foster carers talk of the joy and reward they find in caring for a cat and seeing them find their own forever home.
Register your details here:
How you can help
Fostering is a truly wonderful experience which is extremely rewarding for you and lifesaving for the cats or kittens you care for.
Fostering allows you to experience a huge range of emotions and have a lot of fun, whilst offering a nurturing environment for our cats or kittens.
Some of the reasons our kitties need foster care before they can be adopted are:
- Shy or timid
- Recovering from surgery
- Too young
The Ten Lives Cat Centre provides full support and everything you need to care for a cat or kitten in your home.
- food & bowls
- kitty litter & trays
- toys, blankets & beds
- 24 hour support
- medicines and vet care
- a loving environment
- care for our cats and kittens in line with vet advice
- daily recording of their health and condition in your foster care diary