Bringing a Stray Cat into Ten Lives
IMPORTANT: If you are planning to bring in a cat, please CALL TEN LIVES FIRST on 6278 2111 to make an appointment.
We accept cats 10.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
The following information is for bringing in a STRAY cat or kitten to Ten Lives.
If you are trapping FERAL cats, or need to hire a trap please visit our Trapping Resources Page here.
If you are surrendering your OWN cat or kitten, please visit our Surrendering Owned Cats and Kittens Fact Sheets here.
Please provide the following documents at your appointment:
- Driver’s license/photo ID.
We are self-funded, relying on community donations and fundraising events to keep our shelter running.
It costs Ten Lives on average $600 to care for each cat in our care.
The more we know about the cat the more likely we can find it a suitable home, so we appreciate any observations you have made about the cat.
General Terms for bringing in a stray cat to Ten Lives
- Hours are 10:00am to 2:00pm Monday to Friday, strictly by appointment only.
- Any stray cats brought in outside operational hours will be charged $95 per cat payable at the time of bringing in the cat and will not be waivered. This is due to the additional costs for Ten Lives.
Why can’t I just bring in a stray cat at any time?
- Safety of our Staff, Volunteers, and members of the community is our priority.
- The wellbeing and humane treatment of cats is our priority.
- Effective cat management at Ten Lives requires scheduling many people, due to the large number of cats with many different needs. Bringing in cats to us outside of hours may impact our ability to effectively care for the cats, including the one you have brought in.
- Our welfare centre is closed outside of these hours. We are still open to the public for adoptions and for phone enquiries during our usual business hours.
- We do not receive any funding to provide this service to the community. As a self-funded animal charity, we do not have the resources to pay trained staff to process cats outside of these hours.
Bringing in a cat or kitten to Ten Lives is strictly by appointment only.
Our hours for this are 10:00am to 2:00pm, Monday to Friday.